- 2 Hours.
- Available up to six days a week during the warmer months (September to May - please see our booking calendar on our website)
- Boarding is at 10.30 am. All guests are to report to our ticket office to receive their boarding pass before 10.30 am
- Departs from the Riverboat Centre Wharf at 11 am
- Adult: $53.00
- Adult - Local (Must live in Whanganui): $48.00
- Child (5-15 years, under 5 free): $19.00
- Seniors (Age 65+): $44.00
- Infants (Ages 4 & under): Free
- Family Pass (2 Adults + 2 Children (Ages 5-15): $123.00
- When booking Family Passes please select 1 for 1 Family Pass which is 2 Adults & 2 Children, add additional adults, children, infants & seniors from the other booking options.
Tram Ride - Sundays Only See Additional Information below
- Adult: $5.00
- Children & infants: Free
- 2 hour cruise on the Paddle Steamer Waimarie
- On board commentary
- Wonderful views
- Meet the homing pigeons and perhaps send a message back with them on their flight to the Riverboat Centre
- The nostalgic sound of the steam whistle, the boiler powering the paddles, and the paddles making way their way through the water
- View our Riverboat Museum before or after your cruise at no addition cost
- Suitable for all ages
- Licenced bar on board. Snacks and hot and cold beverages available for purchase
- Eftpos available
- Wheel chairs up to 680mm wide can access the vessel but please contact us before making your booking.
- Tram Rides - Sunday's only - Step back in time with a trip on Whanganui’s fully restored tram. Her name is Mable and she provides short trips along the downtown Whanganui Riverbank on Sunday afternoons, thanks to a wonderful group of local volunteers.
- When you book on the paddle steamer you can also choose to book a ride on Mable which will be awaiting your return from our Sunday 11am cruise. Included is a tour of the Tram Shed where the team will share the tram's history. After which you will be returned to the Riverboat Centre. Only $5.00 for adults, Children & Infants Free.
- You can find more information on Whanganui Tramways Facebook page Whanganui Tramways | Facebook