- 8 Hours
- Boarding is at 8.30am. All guests to report to our ticket office to receive your boarding pass before 8.30am
- Departs the Riverboat Centre Wharf at 9am
- Please Note: This is a numbers dependent cruise, we require 30 people as a minimum, otherwise we won't sail and you will be issued with a full refund
- Adult: $85.00
- Child (5-15 years, under 5 free): $30.00
- Infants (ages 4 and under): Free
- Family Pass (2 Adults + 2 Children (Ages 5-15) • Price is per person • 4 people required to book): $50.00
- An all day trip to this unique spot on the river - Hipango Park.
- Wonderful views
- An opportunity to have a relaxing day and picnic as they did back at the turn of the century
- The kids can join in old school games at the park
- The nostalgic sound of the steam whistle, the boiler powering the paddles, and the paddles making way through the water
- Family friendly.
- Bring your own picnic and a blanket.
- As there is a short uphill track from the wharf to the picnic area, sturdy footwear is required
- Again with the uphill, reasonable fitness and mobility is needed.
- Wet weather gear if its raining
- Licenced bar on board. Hot and cold beverages available for purchase.
- Eftpos available
- Wheel chairs not suitable on this cruise
An amazing opportunity to experience the views on a scenic day trip on Te Awa Tupua, the Whanganui River to Hipango Park. Bring your own picnic, travel to the Park as they did at the turn of the century. Sit back, relax or join in some old school games (Note: Old school games not permitted under Red Phase).
We leave the Riverboat Centre wharf at 9am for this day trip to Hipango Park just as the paddle steamer did back in time. You will have the opportunity to see great scenery and once at the park you can sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere of this unique spot while the children can join in old school games.
Along the way you can visit the engine room, chat to the engineers and check out the boiler that powers our paddle steamer.
Our friendly team are only too happy to answer any questions you may have along the way.
Please note that BYO food and alcohol is not permitted on any sailings